Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mouse Ears and Tired Feet

Obviously I’ve been rather remiss1 in posting lately.  I do have an excuse, however.  Honestly I do.


Last week I took my youngest son to Disneyland.  We had a blast, and I’d go back next week if I could swing it. But after a day of traveling there, 3 long days of walking around and standing in line (not friendly to the feet, I assure you), followed by another day of travel, followed by a few piles of catch-up-right-now items at work, I’m afraid my brain is a bit overtaxed2.  So, my blog goes hungry and my poor novel gathers dust (sorry Eòin, I really do miss you).  Alas. 



1Remiss.  I should have done that, but I forgot.  I meant to do that other thing, but I didn’t.  And I really have to do something else, but I probably won’t.

2Overtax.  For those of you who have children, remember those first few weeks after bringing that new baby home.  Well that period in your life, although certainly a wonderful experience, epitomizes what it means to be overtaxed.  Another way of expressing this:   
New Baby = Overtaxed (Body + Mind) + Happiness.


See, even my footnotes are tired and flaccid3 this time.  Next time will be better.  Really.

3Flaccid.  I'm  not going to touch this one with a 10-foot pole. Nope. Not even a limp, droopy 10-foot pole.

6 comments:

Wendy Sparrow said...

Isn't it amazing how sore your feet get? That's when I got my first pair of crocs. I get impressive blisters after each trip to Disneyland. Still, I always manage to soldier on... because... it's Disneyland.

Well, plus, I don't have the kids with me. Stephanie and I go together for a girls off weekend. It's so nice. For three or four days a year, I'm child free. It's the sweetest vacation ever. We've done it twice now. So, in the last eight years, I've been away from the kids for over 24 hours... six days.

Having SN kids is complicated.

I'm glad you had fun and you have a good excuse for have flaccid footnotes.

Wendy

Diana Paz said...

Oh don't laugh, but I have an annual pass to Disneyland! I LOVE the place. My husband isn't a huge fan, which I find impossible to understand. I have a small dream to do Disneyland without kids some day, a fact that my husband finds impossible to understand.

In any case, I have a little award waiting for you on my blog :)

The Sesquipedalian said...

I could go to Disneyland at least one day a month (probably even more) without getting tired of it. But then, I'm just a big kid when it comes to some things. My husband does not share this feeling, either.

My best friend from High School lives in Long Beach and has an annual pass. She goes all the time, usually for just a few hours at a time which is not so exhausting. I'm very jealous, although I can't say that I would want to live in that area. I like to live in a more rural setting and just visit the bigger cities.

Ooh, I have an award! I can't wait to go see it!!

Arooj said...

hi
nice blog

The Sesquipedalian said...

Thanks, Heavenly Muse! I hope you'll visit again.

It would probably be a good idea for me to put out a new blog post so you'll have something to look at...

Diana Paz said...

Ah, long beach is great to visit. There's so much to do.

I take the kids to D-land about every month except during summer. Unless it's somebody's birthday we do it like your friend in Long Beach... just for a couple of hours, and I do enjoy it :)